Zone Schedule Checklist
Foreign-Trade Zones Board
Before drafting your zone schedule, read the requirements of FTZ regulations (15 CFR §400.42).
Your zone schedule must include the following information:
- The schedule must be made publicly available at the offices of the zone grantee and the zone operator(s).
- The schedule must be up to date.
- The schedule must explain all the policies of the zone grantee and the operator(s).
- The schedule must specifically explain the policies regarding the operator(s) and access to the zones site(s) and services.
Rates and Charges
- The schedule must describe the rates and charges collected by the grantee.
- The schedule must describe the rates and charges collected by each operator or any other party.
- The rates and charges must cover all fees for access to a zone site, including warehousing charges.
- The schedule must cover subzone fees.
- Fees must be reasonable and uniformly applied under like conditions (each site, building, or operator could be a different condition).
- There must be uniform treatment under like conditions with respect to all zone policies.
- Individual companies acting as an operator within a general-purpose zone site for their private use should be listed and those circumstances explained.
- The schedule must designate a grantee contact person who can discuss and explain matters involving the zone schedule or any matter relating to zone fees or zone access.